The mission of the Georgia Academy for Economic Development is to assist Georgia leaders in understanding economic development strategies, processes, resources, and solutions critical to being effective in the global economy. Developed in 1993, the Academy remains current and delivers courses based on research, the professional experience of our facilitators, and consistent updating of the program structure and curriculum.
The Academy now offers a path to becoming a Georgia Academy Graduate that allows participants more flexibility and control over timeframes and content. Community leaders can create a specialized experience based on their personal interests or professional responsibilities.
To become designated as a Georgia Academy Graduate, participants must complete the following process:
- Attend The Essentials, the cornerstone course designed for anyone who wishes to enhance their collaborative leadership skills while learning what essential elements must be invested in for a community to experience a vibrant economy and manageable growth.
- In addition to The Essentials, applicants must complete any three of the following advanced courses (new course options will be added):
- Traditional Economic Development and Incentives
- Housing 101: The Foundation
- Housing 201: The Framework
- Collaborate or Perish
- Workforce and Career Readiness
Apply for graduation at least two weeks prior to your graduation session and be prepared to share:
- Your name, community, organization, and title.
- The dates of completion of The Essentials and each of the required three advanced courses.
- Please include the name of the person who completed your registration for any or all of the courses.
- A brief description of how these courses have impacted you personally and/or professionally. We would love to hear specifically how you applied what you learned on the local, regional, or statewide level and see any images that showcase outcomes and successes.
- You will be notified if your application has been accepted for graduation from the program.
- Upon notification of acceptance:
- You will be contacted with information about a formal presentation.
- You will be provided a press release to distribute to media outlets.
- You will need to provide a quality headshot and short bio if you want to be listed on the GeorgiaAcademy.org site as a Georgia Academy Graduate under the Alumni tab.
Please refer any questions to Executive Director Kelly Lane via Kelly.Lane@DCA.Ga.gov
"*" indicates required fields